Consider sharing your time, skills and interests at Donwood Manor. You may want to volunteer to meet new people, to gain valuable work experience in health care, or to *give back* to your community. Volunteer opportunities are available to caring people of all ages.
At Donwood Manor volunteers assist in offering a variety of services for both the residents and to the organization. Volunteers have a dynamic impact on the lives of the residents and staff at Donwood Manor. Anyone over the age of 13 and groups of younger individuals with adult supervision are welcome to apply to volunteer at Donwood Manor Personal Care Home. Our volunteers contribute to the quality of life of residents in many ways. Commitments vary. Some volunteer opportunities are flexible, while others require more of a structured time commitment.
The following list mentions only a few of our opportunities:
- Dining Companion Volunteers help residents during mealtimes to ensure they receive a hot enjoyable meal and a visit. (45 minutes – Once a Day – Once a Week)
- Chapel Volunteers assist residents to and from Chapel, and also will help serve coffee afterwards. (Wednesday)
- Birthday Party (Monthly)
- Administrative Duties various opportunities are available.
- Friendly Visitor Volunteers will visit residents and participate in a wide variety of activities with residents on a more personal level. Going for a walk, playing a game or just having a cup of coffee and talking.
- Gardeners are always welcome to come and help us keep our gardens looking the best they can be. Whether it be an hour or two a week, or you are able to come out on planting day, we would be delighted to have you come and help out.
- Medical Escort Volunteers accompany residents to appointments outside the facility.
- Recreation Volunteers assist our recreation team to provide high quality programs and events throughout the year for residents.